Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Assessment task 2

Hi, I'm Barbara Newton from the beautiful suburb of St Clair, Dunedin where I have lived for the past 30+ years. I like people; the outdoors, especially walking the beach or bush, vast interior tussock covered Central Otago hinterland; I love working with merino wool; doing photgraphy- sports, water etc; local history ; reading when time allows; most sports- though as a couch potato; occassional partake in mountain biking- I'm a bit of a granny tho; sampling fine wines; the company of my family and friends.
My initial interest in masssage came from; being on the receiving end for the past 20+ years and realising the benefits fo such; a desire to assist others and in making their life more bearable; a desire to learn anatomy and more about the wonderful workings of the human body. Originally I wanted to help people in the wool harvesting industry as they traditionally have no knowledge of their bodies and its workigns. I have learnt that this is not possible when I'm working! A research project is looking an option in the fuutre.

1 comment:

  1. Go Barbara

    I think it great that you have gotten into massage after have been the receiver for so long.

    It will be fun working with you

    ReplyDelete